Lifestyle

Saturday

Super 8


This week I saw the highly anticipated Super 8. I am a huge Sci-Fi geek and not ashamed in the slightest. My friends have to constantly deal with my love of Stargate, Star Trek and Spielberg films. I haven't seen a great film in this genre for ages and so it was an absolute treat to see this film; funny, moving and epic, this film delivered in all ways. I am still in awe of how well the young actors delivered the story. Elle Fanning, one to watch with regard to fashion and her superb acting skills, is a doll on screen, captivating the attention of the boys and the audience. I didn't feel bored at any point in the movie, with the story developing in many directions. Sometimes, when a director brings in the depth of emotion and family issues, it doesn't always flow and seems cheesy but in this case, it was not over the top and added more value to the film.

Eating Out..

As another treat, my friend and I went to PIX, the new tapas bar in Soho. From living in Spain, I am always weary of tapas and the quality but was impressed with this quaint bar. We ate Olives stuffed with ricotta, salt cod with honey, patatas bravas and churros for dessert. We added a glass of red and it only came to £20 - super cheap for London. It wasn't the best Tapas I have ever had but for the price and lovely setting, this is a great place for a few snacks with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment